I can pretty much say that I just started my blog last month. Technically, I started it on January, but didn’t pay much attention on each, but on February I decided to take it serious and move to a self-hosted platform so thats I could have more autonomy. Autonomy on the other hand brings more work, as you need to start building your website from the zero.
Blogging demands alot of attention and takes a lot of time, it is something that you need to put a lot of love and effort in. But I can say it worth every second you spend on it. Through blogging you can not only share your own experiences but also meet people who share the same passions as you and get to know from their experiences too. I’m very glad to be part of the Travel community and came across amazing people in this short period of time.
So you can all imagine my surprise and happiness this week when I was nominated for the Liebster Award! It is a fact everybody gets excited to get awards, but the very first one, we never forget!! I’m so gratefully for have being nominated and I want to thank the lovely Jes from Travelesque Life for this nomination!
What Is Liebster Award?
- 1 What Is Liebster Award?
- 2 Rules of Liebster Award
- 3 Questions by Travelesque Life
- 3.1 What inspired your wanderlust? Why you started travelling?
- 3.2 If you could live in one of the foreign countries that you have visited, which one would you choose and why?
- 3.3 What is the most difficult thing you find about travel blogging?
- 3.4 What is your long term plan with travel blogging?
- 3.5 Who is your favourite travel blogger that inspires you the most? Share the link to their blogs..
- 3.6 What is the most important lesson you learned through experience about travel? Pick one of the favourite pictures you took and tell the story that goes along with it.
- 3.7 What’s you favourite quote about travel?
- 3.8 What is the most interesting, unique or exotic souvenir you’ve ever brought from your travels?
- 3.9 Where to next? What is the next BIG trip you are planning and what drives you to visit that special piece of the world?
- 4 Questions For The Nominees
- 5 Nominees
It is actually not an award as such, but more like a recognition for online bloggers to help to link the community of like minded bloggers and help to build a readership and grow the love between those who share the same passions and interests.
For those who were happily nominated for the Liebster Award by your fellow travel blogger and choose to participate, write a post following the rules bellow:
Rules of Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog
- Create a post on your blog, displaying the Liebster Award logo
- Answer the 10 questions provided by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award and inform them via social media (the nominees have to have less than 3000 followers)
- Create your own set of 10 questions for your nominees.
- Notify each nominee informing them of the nomination and directing them to your post for more information
Questions by Travelesque Life
What inspired your wanderlust? Why you started travelling?
The chance to be in contact with different people and culture, to be able to be part of their daily life and see how different, yet, how similar we all are. The experience of breaking barriers despite the difference of culture or language and to learn that we all can live in this same world if we have tolerance and respect towards one another.
If you could live in one of the foreign countries that you have visited, which one would you choose and why?
Uhm, it is hard to pick one, and I know that the more I travel, the more countries I would put on this list haha. But to this moment I would pick France. I think France is a perfect mix of cosmopolitan with chill & charming vibes. You can live in a busy but charming cosmopolitan city like the capital but when if you get tired of it, you have a beautiful countryside to explore.
What is the most difficult thing you find about travel blogging?
To be honest, it is harder than I thought. Blogging is something that demands a lot of your time. It is not just create it and it will run by its own. You need to give your time to it, spend the day on it. It is not only about writting, you need to write good, create good contend, edit it, then you need to pick and edit the photos, and if you think its just that, you fooled yourself. You need to work on the marketing and social media etc. The hardest part for me, if organizing my time in an efficient way regarding my blog.
What is your long term plan with travel blogging?
My plan is to start some new post series soon, to help and teach people to travel and help them build confidence for such and of course to inspire them. I already have these series on mind but still need to work on them, there is a long way to go.
But to be honest, the blogger/vlogger who inspires me the most is Dina Tokio. Not a travel blogger though.
What is the most important lesson you learned through experience about travel? Pick one of the favourite pictures you took and tell the story that goes along with it.
Really hard to pick only one lesson. But trust and friendship, in the sense that you find yourself in some situation where you have nobody else to rely on but on strangers that you just met. Some of them totally restores your faith in humanity. And in the end, these people just tranform your travel experience into something fantastic. You ended up learning that despite all the bad thinga you hear on the news, the world still has more good than bad, and that good people are still the majority, they just don’t make it through the front pages.
Ok, regarding the picture, here we go. Probably one of the worst visual pictures I have to be honest, there is nothing pretty with it. But it has meaning at least. It was in my very first trip ever. I was in the other side of the world, or almost (Brussels to be precise), tired as hell as I had been traveling for weeks, everything that could have gone wrong, actually did, I have passed through tough days in London, some of my plans had failed in Belgium, I had totally destroied my bag in the middle of nowhere, got sick and the list goes on. But I was SO happy to be there, fulfilling my dream, that nothing could bring me down, not the tiredness nor the bad events, after all, shit happens, who cares.
In the end, I met someone amazing who managed to fix my bag for pure and spontaneous will (Thanks to Abdelillah! If you reading it, thank you so much dude) facilitating the rest of my trip.
What’s you favourite quote about travel?
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
What is the most interesting, unique or exotic souvenir you’ve ever brought from your travels?
I really don’t bring many souvenirs back home, but I can say that the most exotic and interesting one I brought, was a genuine picture of the Loch Ness monster I took myself. It was hard and demanded days lurking and waiting for the beast, but finally I got it, now I just need to email the London’s Natural History Museum and receive my reward
Where to next? What is the next BIG trip you are planning and what drives you to visit that special piece of the world?
I’m still researching, there are few places on my mind for the next trip and I need to pic only two though. I can’t reveal right now bevause the tickets were not bought yet, but as soon as I buy them, you will know 🙂 What I can say is that they are more exotic destinations, with strong cultures. What drives me to go to these places is to find out the truth about these cultures, and to take my own opinions based on my own experience, instead of the opinion of the mainstream media
Questions For The Nominees
1. What made you decide to start traveling?
2. Whats the hardest/more complicated situation you faced while traveling?
3. Ever experienced a cultural shock? Tell us how it was
4. Whats one experience that really impacted and changed you r life while traveling?
5. Your TOP 3 favorite places/countries on earth
6. What is your favorite travel app/website?
7. When you are traveling, what do you miss from home?
8. How do you afford to travel?
9. What destinations are on your list for 2017?
10. One advice for new travellers or those who wish to travel for the first time